Live in Housekeeper job
A semi-formal household in Mayfair are looking for a proactive, flexible switched on Live in Housekeeper to join their team.
Mum and dad have 7 children aged between 16 – 28 who are back and forth to the house. Dad mainly lives abroad in Switzerland and also visits just occasionally.
In London, they already employ a House Manager, full time Live out Housekeeper, Driver, two female Housekeeper/Butlers, a full time Chef and are in the process of hiring a full time Live out Laundress who you will work alongside.
Your duties will include:
- Service – making drinks as requested, setting the table
- The children order in food from restaurants in the evenings, you must answer the door, plate their food and clear it away once finished (occasionally reheating it)
- Occasional light cooking- very simple food such as an omelette or sandwich
- Light housekeeping as needed- could include cleaning, laundry, ironing and making beds
- Travelling with the family abroad in the school holidays alongside other members of the team
The ideal candidate will be a team player, flexible, have good standards and be looking for longevity. You will be provided with a uniform and all meals will be provided when on duty
House: 4 storey, 8 bedroom family house
Hours: 5 days as part of a rota system, to include up to two weekends a month, 4.00pm – 1.30am (9.5 hours work, with break)
Accommodation: Your own lovely private bedroom with ensuite bathroom and separate entrance.
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 gross per annum
Vacancy Number: 88990
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen