Live in Housekeeper/cook
The client, a gentleman who splits his time between his residences in London and Madrid, is looking for a Live-in Housekeeper/Cook to assist with the running of his flat in Knightsbridge.
The flat which is set across two levels and contains a large Master suite, office, drawing room, library, dining room, kitchen, and guest flat.
Your duties will include:
• Daily Housekeeping – cleaning, laundry & ironing (a part time cleaner is also employed)
• Ensuring everything in the residence is well maintained and in good working order
• Noting any issues or concerns within the residence and liaise with the PA on these.
• Arranging and overseeing contractors and suppliers.
• Shopping for the Principal when required (you should also be comfortable ordering things online)
• Cooking healthy, simple meals when Principal is in residence.
• Household and food shopping
• Handling various administrative matters and household accounts.
• Keeping and tracking household expenditure.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, flexible to the Principal’s schedule, and happy to work for weeks / months without the Principal being in residence. Candidates must be of neat appearance with a positive attitude and good level of energy and initiative. You should be competent in your abilities and offer a fine eye for detail as you will be responsible for ensuring every aspect of the residence runs smoothly.
You must have good spoken and written English and it would be highly beneficial if you also speak Spanish.
Previous experience in similar positions with proven longevity is essential.
Driver would be helpful but not essential – car provided for any work-related errands.
You should be comfortable with a dog in residence as the Principal may on occasions bring his from Madrid.
House: large flat which is set across two levels
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 2 pm on Saturdays (when in residence) with flexibility to work longer hours when Principals in residence. – Time to be given in lieu when he is not here. (usually – when current COVID restrictions are lifted – is around 50% of the year).
Accommodation: provided is on the ground floor of the residence – very private – it was a guest room which has been newly decorated. The accommodation is comprised of a bedroom with en suite bath/shower room and you will be the only live-in member of staff and would therefore have access to use the main kitchen on the 1st floor. The accommodation also has a lovely view of a garden.
Salary: £500 net per week
Vacancy Number: 92011
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen