Live in Housekeeper/Cook job
A delightful relaxed family in Hampstead are looking for a proactive, child friendly, experienced Housekeeper/Cook to help them out. Mum and dad have 3 school age children and a labradoodle puppy (hypoallergenic).
Mum and dad both work full time and already employ a full time Nanny (starts work at 1.00pm) who does the children’s pickups and also does all the children’s ironing, helps with homework etc. They also employ a part time Housekeeper to help you out who works 3.5 days each week including Saturday mornings. She also helps with babysitting.
Your duties will include:
- Daily cleaning (contemporary home), laundry & ironing – shared with part time Housekeeper & Nanny (who does kids ironing)
- Family cooking – they eat simple healthy family style dishes and are happy for you to follow recipes. They keep a kosher kitchen (but are not strict)
- Occasionally helping with the dog – occasional feeding/grooming/walking. The family try to do this themselves so you will only be required to help out with the puppy as instructed.
- Organisation of the house and liaising with contractors, answering the door and taking/making phone calls whilst mum and dad are at work if required
- Occasional babysitting – shared with Nanny and part time Housekeeper
You must be able to run your own day and create your own routine but also work well with the two other staff. You must be happy to fulfil any task given to you. All three staff work together and have all been with the family many years. The current Housekeeper who is leaving has been with them for 10 years.
It is a real bonus if you can drive but is not essential. A car can be provided.
There is a possibility of travel in the future with the family on holiday, but this is not essential.
House: 4 storeys, 5 bedrooms (only 4 in use)
Hours: 5 or 5.5 day week, Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Saturday or Monday – Friday and Saturday afternoons/evenings (client is flexible for right person)
7.00am - 7.30pm with breaks in the day to be managed yourself
Accommodation: Your own private bedroom and ensuite bathroom with small kitchenette on the top floor of the home (you are the only one who lives on this floor)
Salary: £34,548 - £38,596 gross per annum depending on if you prefer 5 or 5.5 days
Start: ASAP/Right person
Vacancy Number: 91011
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen