Live in child friendly Housekeeper/Cook job
A delightful family of 3 living in Kensington are looking for a child friendly Live in Housekeeper/Cook to help them out. Mum works full time and often travels for work, so you must be flexible on the occasions she is out to take care of her twin daughters aged 13. They also have a well-trained puppy (small dog).
During the day the puppy often spends time with mum who works either in her office on the ground floor of the apartment or she is out at business meetings regularly.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the home runs smoothly
- Cleaning, laundry & ironing
- Art work to care for but mum will show you how to do this
- Family style cooking - the girls like to cook so helping them sometimes but also preparing meals yourself when they do not wish to cook alongside you. Mum is sometimes in for dinner and sometimes out.
- Helping at informal dinner parties- mum will discuss with you what to cook and help you- she is happy to teach you!
- Preparing the children’s school bags and making sure they get up for school
- Grocery shopping & running errands
- Ensuring in the evenings the children sit down to do their homework- they are very self-sufficient - it is just ensuring they sit down to do it
- Shared with mum- picking the children up from extra-curricular activities (20 minute walk from house)
- During term time, you must be happy to take care of the girls when mum travels for work- this may include weekends on occasions. Flexibility is key!
In the school holidays the children go and live with their father in Italy and they also travel with mum to Greece sometimes or visit friends’ houses in the countryside in the UK. You will get lots of downtime when the family travel in all school holidays and work reduced hours. The dog can either stay with you or go to its breeder for a holiday.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, a great mothers help and looking to become part of a family to stay lomg-term.
House: 5 bedroom apartment split on 2 floors
Hours: 5 or 5.5 days week, days based around Monday-Friday. (You can choose- will pay more for 5.5 days)
7.00am – 7.00/7.30pm with breaks in the day to be managed yourself as mum works full time and girls are at school.
Reduced hours in all school holidays when the family travel.
Accommodation: Your own lovely private bedroom and bathroom in the apartment. You must be happy to sleep in on your days off as much as possible so treating the accommodation as your base, just due to the nature of the role with regard to mums work.
Salary: £35,000 gross per annum for a 5 day week, but negotiable for the right person and for those who wish to work a 5.5 day week
Vacancy Number: 98806
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen