Live in Housekeeper/Cook job in Maida Vale
A delightful family in Maida Vale are seeking a proactive, organised and experienced full time Live in Housekeeper/Cook to help them out in their beautiful newly renovated home. Mum and dad both work full time and have two sons aged 10 & 9 - the eldest is away at boarding school throughout the week. They have a friendly little dog that you must be happy to walk once each day. The family travel in all the school holidays and are away Friday afternoons until Sunday evenings each weekend at their country residence in the UK. They already employ a daily Nanny and PA in London.
Your duties will include:
- Detailed cleaning, laundry & ironing
- Grocery shopping
- Dog walking- once a day
- Restocking of the fridge and household toiletries/ cleaning products etc.
- Wardrobe management- handling delicate clothes and hand washing
- Family style cooking- typically preparing breakfast in the mornings for the son and an evening meal approximately 3 nights each week for dad who typically enjoys Italian & British style dishes. The Nanny cooks for the son.
- Babysitting up to 2 nights each week (Monday-Thursday)
The ideal candidate will be able to run their own day, have excellent standards and have excellent references.
House: 4 bedrooms, 4 storeys
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7.00am - 7.00pm with a 2 hour break in the day with flexibility. The family leave London on Friday at lunchtime so you can generally be finished by 2.00pm on Fridays.
Accommodation: Your own newly refurbished apartment with double bedroom, ensuite bathroom and kitchenette on the ground floor of the home with your own separate entrance
Salary: £500 net per week which equates to approximately £34,705 gross per annum. They will pay more for the right person.
Start: September 2020
Vacancy Number: 84361
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen