Live In Housekeeper/Cook job
A lady in St John’s Wood is looking for a Live in Housekeeper/Cook to help her out. She has a partner that visits occasionally and a son that lives in America who also occasionally stays. The house is run like a boutique Hotel so you must have excellent housekeeping standards.
Your daily duties will include
- Cleaning, laundry & ironing – the house has been newly renovated and is very modern
- Preparing simple meals as required and green juices for breakfast. If there is a dinner party, the lady will hire in Chefs but you must be happy to set the table and serve.
- Assisting with the care of 2 labradoodle dogs – feeding, occasional walking and taking to vets. They currently already employ a dog walker.
- Liaising with contractors, opening the post, handling deliveries, grocery shopping (including online), running errands
- Rinse the patio’s in the summer
The lady travels frequently, so you must be happy to take care of the two dogs when she is away.
The ideal candidate will be a real all-rounder, committed long-term, switched on, be able to manage their own day but also follow instructions when required. The house has a manual for you to refer to and learn how the employer likes things done. There may be possible travel to Athens where the lady has a holiday home, but she already has a Housekeeper out there who you would work alongside.
House: 5 bedrooms, 5 storeys
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8-10 hour days. You must be flexible to work the occasional weekend.
Accommodation: Your own lovely private bedroom, bathroom and kitchen in the basement level of the house with your own separate entrance. You must treat the accommodation as your base (sleep in on your days off), so be flexible to take care of the dogs last minute on your days off if needed.
Salary: £500 net per week, approx. £34,663 gross per annum
Vacancy Number: 88257
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen