A delightful family in Cobham, Surrey, are looking for a family friendly Temporary Live in or Live out Housekeeper/ Cook / Driver to help them out. The couple have two teenage children aged 12 and 16 years old plus a friendly large family dog.
This role is on going temp until they find a permanent housekeeper. Possibility to go permanent for the right candidate.
They already employ a part time live out housekeeper who carries out the deep cleaning one full day each week.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Full housekeeping duties including regular cleaning
- Cooking lunches and dinner for the family when required
- Laundry and ironing of fine and delicate fabrics
- Washing and changing of bed linen in all rooms
- Wardrobe management and caring of fine fabrics
- Daily food and grocery shopping (in person and online)
- Running errands
- Packing and unpacking of suitcases
- House / pet sitting on occasions and helping take care of the family – feeding and letting into the garden (no walking)
- Driving and collecting the children to/ from school
- Driving the children to their activities and friends
- Childcare (homework supervision, reading, putting to bed) of the children when the parents are not home
The ideal candidate will be energetic, proactive and have a positive approach to this role. The candidate will be efficient and have 5+ years of previous live in housekeeping experience working within a private property for a family providing a high level of housekeeping and service. You must be flexible, highly discreet and professional, fully dedicated to the family and with an excellent level of attention to detail.
The candidate must be a confident driver as driving for errands will be required as well as driving the children to their school and activities will be an important part of the role. A car will be provided to the live in housekeeper when on duty.
There will be some childcare duties required when the parents are away including homework supervision. You will therefore be someone who is equally comfortable caring for the home and caring for the children, as needed.
There will be the possibility for international travel with the family to their homes abroad during school vacations but that is not a requirement.
Hours: Depending if live in or live out. Approx 40 - 50 hours pw
Accommodation: Live out or your own lovely separate studio apartment with bed, TV, kitchenette and bathroom. You will have your own separate entrance. Pets allowed.
Start: ASAP/Right person on going temp
Vacancy Number: 98737
Consultant to contact: Emmi (firstname.lastname@example.org)