Live in Houseman / Caretaker’s Job. Berkshire
Duties to be included but not limited to:
- To prepare the House on a daily basis which includes turning off the intruder alarm, opening curtains and shutters
- To close the House at the end of each day, ensuring curtains drawn/ shutters and doors are secured and setting the intruder alarm.
- Checking the condition / cleanliness of rooms, hallways and stairs and preparing fires in winter months
- To carry out tasks such as daily newspaper collection, collecting dry cleaning, cleaning of shoes and shopping as required, and to ensure payment of these items is in accordance with current procedures.
- To provide support for the Head Housekeeper at all times, including cleaning and preparing rooms, working in the kitchen/ pantry and also providing ‘front of house’ service for family and guests.
- To take responsibility for security and act as the main Key Holders/ First Responder in the event of an Intruder Alarm activation and liaise with the family, other Estate personnel and police should an incident occur.
- To be responsible for carrying out all system checks / tests on the Intruder and Fire Alarm systems and reporting any faults to the respective service and maintenance company, recording details and actions.
- To ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and reports defects and malfunctions to the Estate Maintenance Manager
- To take responsibility for managing all household systems and equipment and carry out basic maintenance. Arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required. For more complex issues to report to the Estate Maintenance Manager to ensure appropriate remedial action is taken to rectify any faults.
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
- To monitor stock levels of consumable items such as fuel, grit, toiletries, light bulbs, fire logs etc and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Estate policies
- To maintain the wine cellar including stock management and rotation.
- To share the care of the family dogs, including walking, feeding and washing.
- To drive family members from time to time using family / Estate vehicles.
- To clean the family car(s), conduct routine checks inc tyre pressures, oil / water levels and ensure they are MOT’d, insured, serviced and taxed.
- To act as point of contact for visitors or contractors arriving at the premises and take collection of post and other deliveries as required (ensuring they are passed on the addressee).
- Answer the telephone, taking and passing on messages promptly.
- To carry out other reasonable tasks at the request of the House and Events Manager, Head Housekeeper and the principals
- To perform an active role within the event operations, setting up tables and chairs plus the installation of other equipment, as required, and at the end of the event dismantling and storing all furniture and equipment. Also being on duty for some events and carrying out some cleaning duties in these areas. Events are both internal and external and may require evening and weekend work
- To act as cover for the Caretaker at the families other property.
Working week: 5 days a week, 40 hours a week. With flexibility - Weekend and evening week will also be required
Accommodation: Very large one bedroom flat within the house. Parking available. Partner and one small well behaved dog considered
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 GPA
Job reference number: 95583
Responsible consultant: Nicola Forster