Live-in Nanny Job, Kensington, London, Separate flat provided, Salary negotiable, Starts April/May
Busy family based in Kensington are looking for an organised and pro-active live-in Nanny to care for 4 children; girl aged 15 and boys aged 13, 11 and 7 (the 13 year old is away at boarding school term-time). The parents are divorced so the children spend alternate weeks with each parent so the Nanny will be working between 2 houses. The role is sole charge although both parents are around. The family employ a Chef, Housekeepers and a PA so nursery duties are limited.
- Sole focus on the children and caring for them, ensuring they have everything they need including organising activities and supporting them in day to day life
- Responsible for getting the children up and ready for school in the morning, organising breakfast, school bags etc and then taking them to school
- Interacting with children’s school teachers and tutors
- Check and read all school emails and respond when necessary to teachers etc.
- Buy uniforms/clothing/stationery and any other items that are needed
- Run errands and any other childcare related duties to complete whilst the children are at school
- Collecting the children again from school, take them to after-school activities, play dates etc.
- Oversee homework, tutor sessions, dinner, bath-time, bed-time
- Pack all children items to move between parent houses (on Mondays)
- Prepare a breakdown of all weekend activities/homework (on Fridays)
- Walk the family dog (Dachshund) when at Dad's house, buy any dog-related items/take it to the vet as and when required
- Liaise with tennis/sports coach and children’s creative mentor
- Organise suitable activities for the children during school holidays. Travelling with the children ensuring they have everything they need packed and organising fun activities where ever they are.
- Occasional proxy parenting
- Days – Monday to Friday
- Hours – 6.45am-7.30pm with time off during the day when the children are school
- Babysitting – 2 evenings per week (Mon-Thur)
- Accommodation – Separate 2 bedroom flat 10 minutes away from the family's homes
- Qualifications – Someone with a teaching background would be a bonus
- Driver – Essential-an automatic car is provided for the Nanny to use on duty
- Travel – Yes, the Nanny will be expected to travel during all school holidays with both parents including trips to France and Switzerland
- Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
- Start date – April/May
- Nearest tube stations – High Street Kensington/Notting Hill Gate
Consultant – Kerry Dempsey
Greycoat Lumleys job reference – 92083