Live in Housekeeper job
A UHNW household in Chelsea are looking for a Housekeeper to help them out. You will work alongside two full time daily Housekeepers and a PA who helps organise and run the house. There are also 2 x Nannies, a Chef, Butler, maternity nurse and a Driver employed at the house.
The couple have 8 children, with only the two youngest living at home full time aged 2 months old and 3 years old. Two teenage boys aged 13 & 14 attend boarding school. In the holidays as they mostly travel with either their mother or father, and they will be at home every other weekend during term time, when not with their father. The older children are all grown up and live elsewhere.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining/overseeing the cleanliness of the house - shared daily cleaning with the other two Housekeepers and communicating well to cover all areas of the house.
- Laundry and ironing – sending out dry cleaning
- Packing for trips and wardrobe management
- Polishing silver and brass
- Flower arranging
- Packing the children’s school uniforms / for vacations
- Service at meal times
- Cooking for the boys when they are home and on the rare occasion for the principals.
- Restocking household goods, running errands, creating inventories, grocery shopping and online ordering
- Travel to France (St Tropez) for 4-6 weeks in the summer. Potentially to travel to the Bahamas.
- Front of house - Letting in guests to the house, taking their coats, and making them tea/coffee, offering wine, snack etc…
The family will be moving into their newly refurbished home at the beginning of November and you will move with them (also in Chelsea).
You must be happy to take direction from the PA and Butler who run the home.
The ideal candidate will be switched on, able to use their own initiative and have excellent communication skills. They must also be flexible and be able to work really well in a team. This is a formal house that requires great attention to detail and getting a job done.
House: 5 x bedrooms, 2 x reception rooms, cinema Room, kitchen and a top floor studio.
Hours: 5 days week, 10 hours a day - to work in rota & shift pattern
- 7 am to 5 pm
- 9 am to 7 pm
- 10 am to 8 pm
- 11 am to 9 pm
One of the Housekeepers already works 5.30am – 3.30pm 5 days a week.
Accommodation for live in: Your own double bedroom in a separate staff house adjacent to the new family home. The house has 3 double bedrooms, one with an ensuite and the other two rooms have a bathroom between them. The staff house also has a kitchen, lounge and dining room for you all to use.
Consultant to contact: Dominique Keen