Live out, Woodland Operative, Oxfordshire
The beautiful Estate in Oxfordshire, offers a stunning environment to work in. Our clients are looking for 3 candidates to join the team and work under the Head Woodsman.
- A broad knowledge of woodland and ornamental tree management, ideally gleaned on a private estate, historic or botanic garden setting
- A minimum of a level 3 arboricultural qualification (e.g. NDA / HNC arb)
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a woodland operative
- Chain saw license (ground work / felling / climbing)
- Demonstrable arboricultural skills and the ability to work alone or with small teams
- Broader experience of property and/or estate management would be desirable
Under the direction of the Head Woodsman:
• Maintain a high standard of woodland management and maintenance through the application of specialist arboricultural skills in order to sustain and develop a world-class woodland.
• Carry out seasonal duties across the site including but not limited to the woodland, arboreta and wider landscape.
• Undertake arboricultural tasks including but not limited to: pruning, clearing, training, weeding, planting, tree felling, tree ground work, hedge cutting, staking, applying pesticides, work on site development projects including creating paths, steps and trails and any other landscape project along with any tasks required.
• Comply with all current Health and Safety legislation, in collaboration with the Landscape Consultant.
• Undertake work related to development projects in the garden and wider landscape.
• When and if called upon to do so, supervise contract workers, taking special note of any health, safety and welfare needs including the preparation of risk assessments or method statements prior to any work commencing.
• Communicate health and safety issues to the Head Woodsman and take responsibility for stopping work and the work of others if you believe any acts to be dangerous or negligent to the person or those around, including but not limited to other staff, contractors and visitors.
• Be prepared to work at height.
Start date: As soon as possible
Working week: 5 days a week
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000k gross – depending on experience
Responsible consultant: Nicola Forster
Job Reference number: 87346
(Interview will include a practical test, tree identification test and formal interview)