Our client is a prep school on the outskirts of Newbury, they are a progressive school and aim to be the forefront of developments in education. They are looking for competent and energetic Housemistress to lead their girls boarding house starting in September.
- Monitoring the health, academic, social and pastoral welfare of every student
- Encouraging and inspiring excellence in all aspects of school life.
- Facilitating the development of a harmonious house atmosphere in which girls can develop social skills and mature into confident, successful young women.
- Ensure the smooth running, ethos and general discipline of the House and compliance with School rules.
- Ensure that each of the girls has a ‘voice’
- Monitor the general health of the girls in the house and liaise with the Health Centre or other medical professionals as appropriate.
- Helping to organise and supervise a range of evening and weekend activities in conjunction with other members of staff. Staff interaction and management
- To be accountable to the SLT through the Pastoral Deputy Head in the first instance but also to the Headmaster.
- Maintain good relations and close contact with other key areas of the School including the Bursary, Chaplaincy Team, Health Centre and Estates Department.
- Be in regular contact with parents or guardians and make sure that tutors also maintain lines of communication.
- To ensure that the quality of reports about the girls in the house are of an acceptable standard and have been checked thoroughly by the relevant tutor.
- Ensure that routine paperwork is dealt with effectively including reports, house records, medical records and maintenance requests.
- Be fully conversant with School safeguarding policies including Safeguarding and Child Protection and Anti-Bullying.
- To carry out School duties as required by the Deputy Head
- Participate in co-curricular activities including sport
- Meet the requirements of a teaching member of staff including writing reports, attending department meetings and attending Parents Receptions Remuneration and accommodation
- Are an experienced Housemistress or someone who is ready to take the next step
- Like to have a high daily step count, it is a large site
- Are mature but yet grounded in your views
- Wants to join a team with a genuine family feel and will keep with that feeling
- Are hardworking, empathetic, maternal and want to get stuck in
- Values children and the contribution they bring
- Has a genuine love of working with children and are able and wanting to guide and mentor them.
Start: September 2021
Salary: £25,000GPA - £28,000GPA depending on experience
Accommodation: on site- full details to be provided
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)