A beautiful school in Berkshire is looking for a Day Matron to join them ASAP. The school is a leading independent boarding and day school for girls aged 11 to 18 years.
The School is well known for its high academic standards and prides itself on providing students with high aspirations and a positive approach to learning in an environment where they can grow
into motivated, decisive and self-assured individuals.
- Effectively manage the Domestic Standards as specified and assist the
Housemistress/Houseparent’s and other residential staff with the pastoral care of the pupils to
meet the aims of the school.
• To provide the highest quality pastoral care to the pupils whilst on duty. Matrons are the
individuals on duty during the school day who help – alongside other house staff – to
provide a safe, nurturing environment which allows the young people to flourish
• To maintain open communication with the House Housemistress/House parents, through
regular meetings, daily handovers
• To support the Housemistress/House parents with house administration. Tasks delegated
are through mutual discussion between the HM and matron and are overseen by the
Deputy Head Pastoral
• To assist all school staff in ensuring pupils are smart in their appearance in accordance
with the school’s uniform guidelines
• To issue non prescriptive drugs (and prescribed / controlled drugs when necessary) and
refer pupils to the Health Centre when required
• To liaise effectively with the school Health Centre with regards all medical and health
• Monitor and take care of girls sick in House during the school day
• The matron may be required to take a girl to a medical appointment
• Complete domestic checks regularly and report any defects to Facilities:
• To ensure that any laundry carried out in house is fully serviced and operating effectively
- Would describe yourself as caring, diplomatic and extremely practical.
- Are a good listener.
- Have a good working knowledge of First Aid and experience in administering medication.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Love the busy nature of being a Matron and would take it all in your stride.
- Are highly organised, get the job done and are self-motivated.
- Have a valid DBS check and are happy to get another one done too.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Salary: £16,500 GPA
Accommodation: Live out role
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)