We are working with a school that is a very special place to work and learn. Their boys are offered every possible opportunity to excel in a wide variety of areas both academically but also in the wider curriculum as well.
This school naturally suits boys who are open-minded, compassionate but also most importantly critical thinkers. They are looking for a warm and loving matron to join their team from September 2022.
The benefits working at this school are numerous and include:
- Fully paid for accommodation and bills
- Free meals whilst on duty
- A friendly and nurturing team
- A term time only role with long holidays
· To prioritise the safeguarding, welfare, health and safety and safety of boys above all other duties and be familiar with statutory safeguarding and child protection needs and requirements as well as school policies.
· To develop supportive, caring and effective relationships with the boys, leading by example, always aware of the duty of care “in loco parentis”.
· To ensure that the individual circumstances, needs, strengths and weaknesses of each pupil are identified and known by staff as needed and where there are any concerns refer to more senior staff or the school nurse fulfilling the requirements of the school’s policy on child protection.
· To encourage appropriate standards of behaviour and consideration for others by the boys, developing the boys empathy and tolerance and to offer such support, as appropriate.
· To be aware that boys are eating properly and receiving adequate nutrition.
· To promote a quiet and orderly atmosphere in the boarding areas in the evenings
· To promote a happy and successful community of boarders by taking an active interest in the boys
· To liaise with the school nurse to ensure that boys medical requirements are properly catered for; to encourage pupils to adopt a healthy life style. To staff the medicine cupboard according to rota as directed by the School Nurse
· When on duty, to be a First Aider and to have appropriate qualifications and training
· To ensure that boys clothes and personal belongings are used appropriately and stored securely and tidily; to ensure that pupils treat the belongings of others, and the fabric and furnishings of the boarding accommodation with respect.
- Hold a full clean driving license (desirable)
- Have relevant experience of supporting children of prep school age (Years 4 – 8)
- Are interested in children of all ages and devoted to their well-being and education
- Are flexible
- Are a good communicator and listener.
- Are energetic, cheerful, practical, resourceful, good team member.
A full job description can be sent over upon request
Accommodation: Full board and single accommodation.
Hours: Normal duty hours worked will be 7am – 9pm six days a week, with three hours off each day
Start Date: September 2022
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B