We are working with an absolutely stunning school in Buckingham to assist with the recruitment of a non-residential matron. Pastoral care is at the heart of what they do, nothing means more to them than a settled and secure pupil. The residential matron position is in their boys day boarding house caring for around 60 pupils aged between 13-19. Working alongside and closely with the houseparent you will care for the health and well-being of the students in your charge.
The benefits of working at this school are plenty:
- Free lunch during working hours
- Free use of the gym and swimming pool
- Long service award
- Pension scheme
- Free access to the National Trust Gardens at Stowe
- Free flu jab
- Venue hire discount
- To support the houseparent in the day to day running of the house
- To provide pastoral care and guidance to pupils
- To provide a friendly, open environment for the pupils to seek help
- To liaise with parents/guardians/staff/medical staff in respect of the wellbeing of the pupils
- To be responsible for the the smart appearance of the pupils
- To deal sensitively with information recognising confidentiality particularly in regard to the Children’s Act and follow School procedures on safeguarding and child protection.
- To organise and attend social functions for year groups in the House, i.e. pizza parties, film nights etc.
- To be aware of the requirements laid out in the National Minimum Boarding Standards.
Ability to empathise and communicate with young people
A good sense of humour
Enthusiastic and energetic
Ability to work the flexible working pattern required of the role
Friendly, approachable attitude
Calm, under pressure
Ability to plan and organise
Excellent communication skills at all levels.
A full job description can be sent over on request
Hours: To be agreed with the Houseparent
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000GPA
Start: January 2022
Interviews: Late October/Early November
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)