One of the country’s most prestigious Independent Boarding and Day Preparatory Schools for Boys is looking for a housekeeping assistant to come and join their team ASAP. They are a flourishing school with around 250 boys from 7 to 13 years old, with all boys boarding in the final two years. They deliver a first class education, sporting provision and a rich variety of music, drama, arts and extracurricular opportunities in a friendly and supportive working environment. The school consists of the main school building classrooms and offices, music block, academic block, kitchens, sports centre and performing arts centre and on site staff accommodation (flats and houses).
The Matron supports the Boarding House team by helping the pupils with their morning routines and assisting with the laundry, bed changing and smooth running of the Boarding House. This is particularly important support for the younger members of the boarding community who may be boarding on a flexible or occasional basis.
- To assist with waking and encouraging the boys in their morning routines and preparations for the day.
- To be a supportive and sympathetic presence to those borders who are new to boarding or are struggling to manage their morning routine.
- To carry out bed changing and laundry duties.
- To implement and adhere to best practice in safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and young people
- To lead by example on good pastoral, safeguarding and child protection behaviours
- Undertake such other duties as are agreed to be in keeping with the general nature of the job.
- Kind, empathetic and considerate nature
- Physically fit and agile
- Ability to take instruction and keep to a routine
- Friendly and courteous
Monday to Friday - 7.00 am to 10.00 am; Saturdays - 7.00 am to 4.00 pm – 32 weeks per year, plus 2 days immediately before the start and after the end of each term
This is a term time only role
Salary: £9.16 p/h
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B