This school is a co-educational day and boarding prep school for children aged 7 to 13 which includes a nursery and pre-prep department for children aged 2 to 6. They uphold high standards of academic achievement as well as a very full range of co-curricular opportunities. It is a vibrant, busy and happy school with high expectations in all areas.
Set within 47 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside and hosting a number of outstanding facilities including an all-weather pitch, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, nine-hole golf course and a number of well-maintained sports pitches.
The site comprises a number of impressive buildings including a modern classroom block, theatre, pre- prep and sports halls.
Job Title: Matron
- Pastoral care is an integral part of this role and we are looking for a well-organised, energetic, and flexible person who is good at building relationships with both children and adults.
- No formal qualifications are necessary; however any pastoral and First Aid qualifications are an advantage as are numeracy, literacy, communications and IT skills. The post holder will be required to attend courses related to pastoral care, First Aid, COSHH and the use of cleaning equipment;
- Applicants must be reliable, flexible, punctual and take pride in their work.
- Experience in a cleaning and pastoral background will be an advantage.
- A full driving licence and car is essential
- Availability to cover nights in the event that the Senior Houseparent or Assistant Houseparent are unwell/absent.
*A full job description can be sent over upon request*
Lunch is provided free of charge during term-time.
Hours: 20 hours per week, term-time only with the option for overtime
Pay: £10.50 to £11.50 per hour
Schedule: The hours of work will be five per day, 8.30am-1.30pm. Any additional hours worked will be paid as overtime.
Start: September 2022
Responsible consultant: Kelly B E-mail: Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk