Boarding House Day Matron
Set on an impressive and attractive campus of 45 acres overlooking open countryside this stunning school in Hampshire offers girls exceptional teaching, support an recreational facilities. They are looking for a live out boarding house day matron to support the house master/mistress in the day to day running of the house. Boarding house experience is desirable but not essential so this is a fantastic entry level role for someone looking to get into Pastoral Care.
- Work closely with the Housemistress/master to ensure the safe running of the house.
- Looking after the medical and domestic duties within the house.
- Medically, ensuring that the pupils have taken their daily medication (if required), to be aware of any medical conditions, to liaise and work closely with the Medical Centre, and to dispense medication as and when it's required.
- Domestically, to be responsible for the hygiene and cleanliness of the house, including monitoring all laundry and taking responsibility for that.
- Managing a team of cleaners and directing them in their work.
- Pastorally you will be a listening ear to the pupils and will support them in their extra-curricular activities - attending games and theatre productions and concerts where required.
- General maintenance and liaising with the maintenance team to make sure the house is in a good state.
- Complying with the school's safeguarding policy.
- Are adaptable
- Have a sense of humour and common sense
- Are enthusiastic and lively with lots of energy
- Are looking to take your first step on the career ladder of pastoral care
- Would describe yourself as caring, diplomatic and extremely practical.
- Have a good working knowledge of First Aid and experience in administering medication.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Child Protection Act and safeguarding practices.
- Love the busy nature of being a Matron and would take it all in your stride.
- Are highly organised, get the job done and are self-motivated.
- Have a valid DBS check and are happy to get another one done too.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: September 2021
Salary: £16000k GPA
This is a live out only role
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B. Contact: Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk