Live in Housekeeper / Nanny job Bridgend South Wales
Our client is looking to employ and experienced Live-in Nanny/Housekeeper for a large private home in Bridgend with three very well-behaved children aged 4,7 and 8.
The children are very creative, eloquent, high spirited individuals with healthy and active lifestyles. This post requires housekeeping duties such as cleaning, laundry, and ironing for half of the month as well as childcare and activities for the other half of the month.
As part of this assignment, you will have access to the house and your own integrated apartment and other amenities and must be willing to travel with the family.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Approachable, responsible, and reliable
- A confident swimmer
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enthusiastic, positive, and have an energetic approach to encourage the children in their interests.
- Kind / loving towards the children and supportive and loyal to the family as a whole
- Willing to work for a smoker / be pet friendly
- Happy to travel with the family (in date passport is required)
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Always ensure children’s well-being & safety
- Develop and maintain routines for sleeping, feeding, and bath time (as appropriate)
- Provide emotional, intellectual, and educational support. E.g., reading/writing and homework
- Take the children to/from school as required.
- Stimulate creative needs and engage in activities at home.
- Tidy children's bedroom & play areas and do the children’s laundry.
- Housekeeping duties including cleaning, making beds, laundry, cooking (handling meat) and ironing etc.
- Running errands outside of the house
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- A very good standard of written and spoken English
- Experience and training working with children – Certification required
- Ability to travel with the family
- Possess or be willing to get an enhanced DBS check
- Full clean UK Driving License is essential
Working Days: For two weeks – 5 days per week with weekend (have the option to use days in lieu for the two weeks where the children aren’t there), for other two weeks – Monday to Friday (not exclusive)
Working hours: 7am to 8pm (children will be in school in term times, nanny would form her own schedule including light housekeeping during these times as appropriate)
Salary: £500 - £550 net per week, £30,000+ gpa
Accommodation: Self-contained apartment with separate entrance – Bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom. Would use main kitchen of house to cook.
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Wales 01298 600 414 email@example.com