We are working with a school for whom the Boarding house is at the center of the School community and a place of comfort, safety and security for our pupils where they can relax and enjoy a “home from home” atmosphere. The Night Houseparent will support the Boarding House team in looking after all boarding pupils and will be responsible for ensuring that the boys remain settled overnight. It is a wonderful school to be a part of and this position is offered live in or live out.
• To provide an adult presence overnight in the boarding house throughout term time.
• To oversee safety and security of boarding during night hours.
• To notify the Head of Boarding immediately with regard to any alarms that have been activated.
• To patrol the Boarding House at regular intervals and ensure all is well on the corridors.
• To provide medical care to boarders who are staying in the sick bay overnight.
• To be a supportive and sympathetic presence to those borders who are new to boarding or are struggling to settle down.
• To assist both the medical and boarding team with administrative work as required.
- Will ideally have experience in a similar school boarding house or residential setting either as a nurse or matron
- Are or are happy to be first aid trained
- Are happy to undertake administrative and sewing tasks when not directly attending to pupils
- Are a responsive, responsible and calm person in all situations and a clear and effective communicator
A full job description can be sent over on request
Hours: 8am - 5am Monday to Friday - 35 weeks per year
Salary: £20,000GPA - £22,000GPA depending on if a live in or live out position
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)