A client of ours -a luxury hotel, private members` club and conference centre is looking for Hotel Night Receptionist to join their team ASAP.
The Night Receptionist will report to the Hotel Reception Manager. They will work closely with the Night Security Officers to ensure the security and safety of the site during night time hours. The Night Receptionist will also work within the Hotel Reception team to ensure all correct procedures are followed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
You will be expected to:
- Provide assistance to all the resort customers and staff in accordance with SOP and laid down procedures.
- Ensure SOP procedures are followed and take action as required.
- Monitor alarm systems and be responsible for the taking of appropriate action if necessary.
- Act as focal point during an emergency and responsible for calling emergency services as required ie. Fire, police, ambulances services.
- Operate switchboard on either night/day service.
- Membership card check of persons entering Hotel.
- Control the entry/exit of persons via front door.
- Check reception keys.
- File old registration cards and reconcile all room accounts.
- Prepare the function board
- Issue and control keys to both residents and staff.
- Order newspapers for guests and sales stock and preparation of newspapers for distribution.
- Securely control all computer media used during shift.
- Serve alcoholic drinks to residents following licensing requirements and reconciliation of sales.
- Check in late arriving guests and reallocate rooms if required.
- Take reservations and print arrival cards and registration forms.
- Carry out some typing and assist with reception administrative work, plus customer service e.g. Photocopying and faxing
- Liaise with Night Security Officer, Night Cleaner Supervisor and night workers
- Receive and control cash takings/cash floats and keys from late closing outlets before running Night Audit reports, to ensure revenue is posted in correct day’s business. Bar keys to be immediately deposited into the night key box.
- Handover/check of Reception Cash Float and responsibility for control during shifts.
- Accept payment of accounts ensuring all correct procedures are followed.
- Initiate night audit reports and control and subsequent issue of relevant paperwork and action in the event of procedural problems.
- Ensure all data protection guidelines are followed within the department
- Provide First Aid assistance to residents, guests and staff as required.
- Enforce the resort Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Code of Conduct and contingency manual e.g. fire, ambulance emergency etc. and take on responsibility as part of the Emergency response team in the event of an emergency.
- Enforce the resort Health & Safety requirements as detailed in the Employment Manual, department operating procedures or risk assessments.
- Work with colleagues to reduce energy costs and follow all environmental policies,
- Promote the facilities to increase sales throughout the resort
- Work flexibly to achieve the resort Standards
- Carry out other duties as identified from time to time, this job description reflects the current situation, but is subject to change.
- 40 Hours per week
- Salary £21,000 GPA
- Start date ASAP
- Job Reference 93532
- Consultant: Cristina Ciorba
- Please send your cv to email@example.com