(93537) PASTRY CHEF JOB
A client of ours -a luxury hotel, private members` club and conference centre is looking for Hotel Pastry chef to join their team ASAP.
The Pastry Chef will report to the Executive Chef and in his /her absence to the Executive Sous Chef or Duty Chef, and will also have a working relationship with the Food & Beverage staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
You will be expected to:
1. Be fully responsible for the pastry section, maintaining the highest standard of cuisine at all times.
2. Ensure that the laid down cleaning schedules, rotas for chefs, kitchen porters, plate wash assistants are strictly followed to maintain the highest possible standard of hygiene in all kitchen and plate wash areas and to ensure that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are met. Allocate tasks to kitchen stewards as necessary.
3. Assist with the Supervision of the work and cleanliness of all members of his/her team and to ensure that they are correctly dressed at all times whilst on duty and with suitable footwear. You will also ensure that no member of the staff enters the kitchen behind the counter or any part of the preparation rooms and stores, unless specifically required to do so in the course of his/her duties.
4. Assist the Executive Chef with the proper control of all foodstuffs within the department, ensuring correct stock controls, accurate and timely ordering of all requirements for menus and ensuring portion control and minimum wastage of food, as directed.
5. Oversee the appropriate checking in of deliveries for quantity, quality, temperature and price
6. Ensure by proper control, that there is no extravagant wastage of foodstuffs.
7. Act as Duty Chef as required and be responsible for the smooth running of his/her particular shift, as well as supervising Kitchen Stewards, ensuring cleanliness of the front of hot plate, bins and back-yard area and ensuring correct storage and removal of refuse from the department
8. Assist Kitchen management in the formulation of plans for the development of the resort catering provision, with particular regard to the Pastry operation.
9. Ensure that proper safety and care of equipment is taken by staff in his/her department and all training completed prior to use.
10. Ensure the HACCP procedures are followed at all times, and all necessary forms are completed.
11. Work with colleagues to reduce energy costs and follow all environmental policies,
12. Promote the facilities to increase sales throughout at the resort
13. Work flexibly to achieve the resort Standards
14. Carry out other duties as identified from time to time, this job description reflects the current situation, but is subject to change.
- 40 Hours per week
- Salary £30,000 GPA
- Start date ASAP
- Job Reference 93537
- Consultant Cristina Ciorba
- Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org