Live-out Chef job, Virginia Water
A client of Greycoat Lumleys is looking an experienced chef to join their household in Virginia Water, Surrey.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of organic, Mediterranean, vegetarian and vegan cooking as well as gluten-free diets.
Duties to include, but not limited:
- Plan menus according to the family’s needs and dietary restrictions. Menus always fresh and always homemade. No pre-prepared foods.
- Create innovative and new dishes for menus.
- Maintain high levels of presentation, including proper formal and informal place settings and service.
- Shop for and order food (both dry and fresh), kitchen supplies and equipment using preferred suppliers.
- Stock and organize kitchen.
- Maintain kitchen (including all equipment, appliances, supplies, the bar and banquette seating areas, the wine room and the butler’s pantry) to a superior level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Deep clean kitchen including equipment and supplies regularly.
- Maintain daily communication with the family regarding requests for meals and any requirements for the kitchen and/or food preparation.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions and events for up to 16 guests. Direct the operation and organisation of the kitchen and all food related activities during larger events. This includes managing and coordinating the presentation and serving of food and the activities of food service staff.
- Travel with the family to vacation homes to provide meal preparation, service and shopping.
- Work as a team and maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times.
Salary is GROSS £50,000 per annum.
The typical hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 to 21:00 the chef must always remain flexible especially when we are entertaining.
Job number: 94501
Responsible consultant: Aaron Lebon (firstname.lastname@example.org)