We are working with a fabulous school which has been involved in boarding since 1525, at the heart of their education lies the pastoral care of their pupils whether they be boarding or day pupils, and no matter how long they are there. They are seeking to appoint a Relief House Chef (Junior Sous Chef) to join their Catering Team.
Reporting to and working with the Executive Chef Manager, the successful candidate is expected to have experience in a working kitchen and a desire to achieve high standards of food and customer service.
In exchange for your enthusiasm and commitment the School offers an extensive and generous reward package including:
• A generous salary with the opportunity for further progression.
• Assistance with subsidised accommodation
• Standard 5 day working weeks with some weekend cover
• Flexible “family friendly” standard working shifts with no split shifts
• Opportunity for further training
• Meals whilst on duty
• Generous employer contribution Pension scheme
• Free access to on-site facilities, including gym, sports course and swimming pool
• Being part of a supportive and friendly community
- Communicating and working with the Executive Chef on all aspects of preparation procedures and presentation standards, observing methods of preparation, tasting and smelling prepared dishes, viewing color, texture and garnishes, verifying portion sizes and ensuring that corporate standards for food quality are consistently met
- Assisting with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies
- Giving input on daily food specials to minimize food cost by maintaining effective inventory levels
- Overseeing the preparation and service of food
- Training kitchen staff of proper food handling, maintenance and safety
- Enjoy working and being creative in the kitchen and have previous experience in doing so.
- Work well within a team.
- Have a flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
- Are able to get stuck into a role and will always give it your all.
If this is something you are interested in or perhaps haven't thought of schools before, please do get in touch and have a chat! We are always looking for fantastic applicants to join the team.
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Up to £22,000 dependent upon skills and experience
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B