(89962) *URGENT ROLE*
One of Greycoat Lumleys' clients - a top girls' boarding school in the Home Counties - is in need of a School Nurse. This to join a team of Nurses to work in the amazing medical centre of this school. This role is a full time one during term-time but holidays off, so a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for some definite work-life balance! The sch0ol is one of the leading ones in the country and pride themselves on offering a supportive, creative and enriching environment for the pupils. During term-time, the medical centre operates 24/7 so it is full on but worth it for the break!
To be successful, you will need to be a RGN ideally with some experience of working with young people aged 11 -18 and be looking for an opportunity to get fully involved with the life of this busy boarding school.
You will be working full-time covering various shifts as required, including night shifts and weekends. As well as covering our regular doctor surgeries, this post offers an interesting opportunity for you to get involved in a specialist area relating to the health and wellbeing of girls/young women.
Benefits include 18 weeks holiday, meals on duty, uniform, CPD opportunities and a wonderful working environment with a warm, friendly and professional team.
- To work as a member of the Nursing Team in the purpose built medical centre
- To cover various shifts as per below.
- To be qualified with the NMC with current NMC registration and to assist the Nursing Team in the smooth and efficient running of the medical centre, answering professionally to the Nurse Manager and the School Medical Officer
- To help promote the health and welfare of the pupils
- To prove First Aid cover for staff and visitors
- To be able to work unsupervised and in the absence of your Manager and her Deputy, and to be able to liaise with parents, pupils and senior members of staff as is needed
- To be sensitive to the needs of teenage girls
- To understand medical confidentiality
- To ensure records are kept accurately and in accordance with relevant statutory bodies
- To assist the Nurse Manager to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate care programmes and procedures
- Are an experienced Nurse, who will bring new ideas to the table
- Enjoy working with children/young adults and are sympathetic, empathetic and a good listener
- Would be able to deal with mental health issues that could arise
- Have a warm and friendly nature
- Get on well with others and are easy-going, but happy to share ideas and collaborate with the team
- Will be a qualified RGN with up to date registration
- Have had experience of dealing with minor injuries
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and shifts and be prepared to help out from time to time to cover shift
- Excel in your organisational skills
- Communicate well with pupils, parents and staff
- Are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people, and you will adhere to and comply with the School's Child Protection Policy statement at all times.
For a more detailed job description, please do get in contact
Salary - TBC, but in the region of £25k
Holidays - 5.6 paid weeks off, plus exeats. Working only 34 weeks of term time.
Hours - FT, which is 5 shifts per week. Shifts are either 07.30-15.00, 14.00-21.30 or 21.00-07.45. For the night shift, accommodation with an ensuite is provided. You will have to work some weekends - normally around 3-4 per term.
Start - January 2021 with interviews ASAP
Responsible Consultant - Diana Cheal firstname.lastname@example.org