A beautiful school, situated in the Home Counties is looking for a part-time School Nurse to join them in December 2021. The days are likely to be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, thus achieving a great work/life balance! The successful candidate will be a Registered General Nurse with a current NMC PIN, or a Health Care Assistant with relevant experience, required to work 23 hours per week, with some hours worked on the occasional Saturdays.
The role will be diverse, including the provision of emergency care, first aid and chronic disease management. You will be working closely with the Senior Nurse, and you will play an important role as part of the Health Centre’s multidisciplinary team. Previous experience in Practice Nursing or A/E would be desirable but is not essential.
The objective is to provide a high standard of service within RCN guidelines to pupils, members of staff and any visitors whilst on site. This will include:
- Organise and run drop-in clinics in liaison with the School Nurse
- Ensure care plans are developed and written for pupils requiring them, in liaison with pupils, parents and boarding house staff and distribute them accordingly
- Provide first aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary
- Provide health advice service as appropriate
- Carry out child and adolescent surveillance programme in conjunction with the pastoral staff
- Operate procedures for control of infectious diseases
- Follow procedures for the safe disposal of clinical waste
- Be aware of and maintain the recommended safe storage, usage and disposal of medical supplies and drugs
- Maintain treatment room stock, hygiene and tidiness
- Arrange for boarding children to attend any medical, dental or other health appointments as necessary
- Assess, implement and evaluate in-patient care of pupils admitted to the day care room
- Be aware of the implications of the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools and other regulatory advice and implement changes or update provision in conjunction with the School Nurse and DHP
- Act as a champion for wellbeing in the school Health Education
- To promote health education throughout the school population and assist in the establishment of a wellbeing programme for the school
- Take part in the delivery of PSHE to support teaching staff as appropriate and as directed by the School Nurse or Deputy Head Pastoral
- To ensure the provision of and access to a range of publicity materials and health clinics on issues relating to student health Administrative
- Maintain medical records accurately, confidentially and safely
- Keep nursing records to a high standard ensuring the accurate and rapid retrieval of information
- Record dispensing of drugs following drug protocols
- Maintain general office procedures
- Other duties will include Health and Safety policies, liaising with internal and external people such as doctors and parents, maintaining financials and other areas of budget.
For a full description, please enquire.
Our client offers a number of staff benefits including a discounted gym membership, an on-site cafe (with fantastic coffee!), pension scheme and occupational health service.
Salary: on application
Start: December 2021
Responsible Consultant: Kelly (email@example.com)