This school is a thriving fortnightly boarding school for boys age 8 to 13, which sits in 130 acres of spectacular grounds and it is a magical place to spend five years of childhood.
As a school, they are unashamedly ambitious for every boy and are proud of their strong academic record. The boys have a wealth of opportunities: a stimulating curriculum, exceptional facilities and a vibrant extracurricular programme with exposure to music, drama, sport and art.
The are looking for a nurse to come and join their already established nursing team. This is a term-time only position offering 14 weeks holiday per year so plenty of time to spend with the children or take on bank nursing roles.
- As part of the nursing team, to be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the school’s health service for pupils, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place.
- To work closely with the rest of the pastoral team to ensure the health and well-being of the boys, enabling a supportive and caring environment.
- To be based primarily in the Surgery and Matron’s room but also offer First Aid support in classrooms, on games pitches and in the school grounds where needed.
- Review health information for new boys prior to admission to the school, checking vaccination history, registering them with the School GP and organising their medicals with the school doctor on starting at Ludgrove.
- Provide medical care in the surgery at designated times during the day, and be available throughout the rest of the day for unwell and injured boys.
- Maintain and promote a high standard of clinical record keeping for each boy’s medical and pastoral care, and record accurately the dispensing of drugs.
- Liaise daily with the Headmaster’s diary to check for individual boy’s requirements - outings, appointments etc.
- Develop and review medical policies and protocols relating to health care and provide support to unqualified members of staff giving care.
- Be aware of emergency procedures and accident reporting; Liaise with the Health and Safety Officer on all relevant issues. RIDDOR reporting when required.
- Attend daily staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Liaise with senior schools regarding pupils medical needs and vaccination history.
- Attend weekly school assemblies, school plays, concerts etc, thereby maintaining a good knowledge of school life.
Necessary qualifications and experience:
- An RGN qualification is essential, with evidence of professional updating, as is current registration with the NMC and a First Aid at Work L3 qualification.
- Continued Professional Development in asthma, diabetes and anaphylaxis advised.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding issues
- A clean driving licence is essential, and car owner a bonus.
Hours/Schedule: Working as part of the rota, 2 weekend days per month
Pay: £18.55 per hour
Start: September 2022
Responsible consultant: Kelly B