(92725) Urgent Role!
Our client, one of the leading academic schools in London is seeking an outstanding Registered Nurse to join their team providing first-class healthcare and pastoral support to all pupils. You will care for day and boarding boys aged 7 to 18 and girls aged 16 to 18.
They are looking for an individual who can join a small team of nurses, as well as work independently, and someone who relishes the opportunity to support young people.
To be successful, you will need to be a RGN ideally with some experience of working with young people aged 7 -18 and be looking for an opportunity to get fully involved with the life of this busy boarding school.
Your working surgery hours will be 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and one to two Saturday mornings per month. Ideally, they would like someone who can work across these times either on a fixed or rota basis. However, applications are welcome from candidates looking to work on a full-time, part-time or job share basis.
In return they offer a pro rata salary of (£19,615.38 – £20,923.07 p.a.). Working for 35 weeks of the year (term time only). Benefits include free meals whilst on duty, a generous School pension scheme and free access to the School’s leisure facilities, including a fitness gym. Staff members can access the School’s Cycle to Work Scheme and season ticket loans following completion of your standard probation period.
- To work as part of the School Surgery team to deliver excellent patient care and advice to pupils and staff across the School.
- To assess, implement and evaluate patient care of pupils admitted to the School Surgery using evidence-based practice
- To provide appropriate care and supervision of unwell pupils within the boarding accommodation, either in their own beds or in the School Surgery and update pupil care plans
- To provide first aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary including the maintenance of stock for the School’s first aid kits
- To contribute to the smooth running of the School Surgery, ensuring efficient systems and processes are in place
- To arrange medical and dental appointments for boarders as necessary, liaising with the School’s GP practice and other healthcare providers, administer prescription and OTC medication.
- To act as health advisor to pupils that are resident in boarding accommodation and offer support to House Masters and Matrons
- To provide clinical oversight to members of school staff who are involved in provision of medication to pupils and to contribute to the appropriate development of protocols and procedures
- Are an experienced Nurse, who will bring new ideas to the table
- Enjoy working with children/young adults and are sympathetic, empathetic and a good listener
- Would be able to deal with mental health issues that could arise
- Have a warm and friendly nature
- Get on well with others and are easy-going, but happy to share ideas and collaborate with the team
- Will be a qualified RGN with up to date registration
- Have had experience of dealing with minor injuries
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and shifts and be prepared to help out from time to time to cover shift
- Excel in your organisational skills
- Communicate well with pupils, parents and staff
- Are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people, and you will adhere to and comply with the School's Child Protection Policy statement at all times.
For a more detailed job description, please do get in contact
Salary - £30,000-£32,000 (pro rata salary - £19,615.38 – £20,923.07 p.a.)
Hours - 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and every third Saturday morning
Start - ASAP
Responsible Consultant - Kelly Bothomley Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk