School Nurse required for a leading independent girls school in Perthshire to start ASAP or in September 2021. This school prides itself on its world class education. They encourage each individual to flourish and be empowered within the academic environment. The school is set in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. It is also very close to the local town and has good transport links to nearby cities; Dundee, Edinburgh etc.
They are seeking a full time School Nurse to join them as soon as possible or are happy to wait for someone to start in September if needed. The School Nurse is to provide a high quality service of nursing care and health promotion to pupils and first aid care to all members of the school community.
Benefits include: Free meals, Pension, Reduction on school fees, Free Accommodation
- Supervise the medical room
- Liaise with the local Health Authority in arranging for them to deliver inoculation programmes
- Work with parents, carers, specialist health professional and others to develop, implement and monitor in-school care plans for pupils with health needs and long term conditions (e.g asthma, diabetes or eating disorders)
- Advise the Head of Pastoral Care in the development of health-related policies
- Maintain and update student medical records on the school's database
- Contribute to the development of School emergency plans Attend, constructively participate in and prepare reports as required for the school Health and Safety Committee
- Work with teaching staff and the Child Protection Officer to identify and act to safeguard pupils at risk of or suffering from physical, sexual, emotional abuse of neglect.
- The Nurse is required to maintain their registered with the relevant professional body NMC as a condition of their employment.
- A driver with own car would be hugely beneficial.
- The successful candidate will need to obtain a PVG which Greycoat Lumleys can assist with.
- Please note you will not be considered for the position if you contact the school directly.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: ASAP or September 2021
Hours: Full time during term time only
Salary: £32,500 GPA - £35,000GPA
Accommodation: 1-2 bedroom flat within the grounds
Responsible Consultant Kelly Bothomley email@example.com