A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Senior Sous Chef – Head of Canapes to assist in leading the mains section within the kitchen brigade a client of ours – a London’s leading luxury caterer and specialists in remarkable events, weddings and private parties. In this exciting and fast-paced environment, the successful person in this role is talented, a team player, has experience with events and can consistently deliver exceptional food for their clients.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
- Career development- you will be provided with tailored development plans and training opportunities to develop your career
- Highly competitive rates of pay, depending on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- Vast range of learning and development programmes for colleagues at all levels
- Free staff lunches
- Local business discounts
- Social and wellbeing events & activities
- Pension Scheme
- Taking full ownership of the smooth running of the mains and starter section to ensure food production for each event is delivered in line with expectations and to the highest possible standards.
- Planning all day-to-day production of the section inclusive of MEP and ordering
- Forward planning and full accountability for all financials both labour and ingredients of the section.
- Instructing a team of chefs both full time and temporary ensuring that the delivery is as agreed and to the agreed timeline
- Carrying out all operational, maintenance and cleaning duties associated with the operation of the kitchen as required.
- Supporting food production as a valued member of the overall kitchen brigade as requested by the Head Chef, including working on events at prestigious venues as and when required.
- Delivering events as a lead chef for dinners, food stalls and canapes
- Delivering tastings as required
- Working efficiently and tidily, ensuring the brigade are implementing best practice and skills in a sustainable manner.
- Reporting for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and protective clothing and adhering to impeccable grooming standards
- Assist the Kitchen management team in the design and development of all seasonal event menu’s, contributing exciting ideas.
- Ensuring that recipes and luxury standards are adhered to and delivered to the specification.
- 2+ years of experience in a high-end contemporary/British style restaurant or faced paced catering environment
- Experienced in fast-paced catering environment, catering for big and small events, ensuring high quality is met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for world cuisine and culture
- Attention to detail and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Team player with a hands-on and organised approach to your role and able to develop the team’s creative style while contributing to the existing stimulating and exciting environment within the kitchen brigade
- Have exceptional knowledge of both classic and innovative global canapé trends
- Immaculately presented with high standards of personal hygiene and will act as an ambassador for Rocket at the country’s most prestigious venues