This fabulous co-ed secondary independent boarding and day school of 895 pupils set in a sublime environment. They have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Sous Chef to join their Kitchen and Food Services Team. The ideal candidate would possess a passion for food and cooking with fresh ingredients. They are a busy department providing an array of meal services to the school and external clients such as; their core food offer for pupils and staff, Headmaster’s lunches and dinners, School banquets, parents’ events, formal society dinners, wedding events, corporate hospitality and lots more. You will require drive and energy and should be happy working in a pressured environment with a dedicated team. If you feel you have the right qualities for this role and would enjoy working in beautiful surroundings then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Working at this school means you can access many benefits to include:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Free Laundered uniform
- Free meals, refreshments and onsite parking
- Pension contribution
- x2 salary Death in Service benefit
- Discounted School Fees – 50% across all Schools in the Stowe Group
- Annual Golf Membership for colleague and immediate family
- Use of School facilities – gym/swimming pool for colleague and family
- Free Flu vaccination
- Free eye test and contribution towards new glasses
- 10% discount in the School Shop
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Guaranteed Christmas / New Year off as the school is closed
- Weekly rota of 40 hours per week offering a great work/life balance
- To assist in all aspects of food preparation and service requirements to achieve the highest standards expected by the School during both term time and non-term time.
- To prepare all food items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all School events to the highest standard.
- To assist the Exec Chef/Head Chef in all aspects of purchasing, production, storage and service of food and deputising in their absence.
- To maintain the supervision and control of food safety, hygiene and health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To lead and supervise the kitchen team to ensure food production and food presentation meet the highest standards as expected by the School, giving clear guidance and on job training to the team as required.
- To supervise the kitchen porter team to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness are met in full, giving direction as required.
- Have a formal catering qualification C&G 706 1/2 or NVQ3
- Have a minimum of 4 years practical kitchen experience
- Have function catering experience
- Have supervisory skills/experience
- Hold a level 2 food hygiene certificate
- Are able to work shift patterns/have flexibility
A full job description can be sent upon request
Hours of Work: An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows:
Example Early Shift: 6.00am – 2.00pm
Example Late Shift: 11.30am – 19:30pm
Responsible consultant: Kelly B (Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk)