One of London's leading catering companies is looking for a Chef to work at a cafe they have the main contract for in central London. This won't open up until the end of the summer properly, so in the meantime, it will be working at the catering company and learning their way and helping out with events. Going forwards, the cafe is open during the day and will produce delicious, healthy but simple food - think salads and sandwiches - and then will also play host to the events in the evenings and so will require a different sort of mind as well. The right candidate will be a total all-rounder, able to work on their own and run the kitchen single-handedly, but ultimately step up into running a team. This is starting out as a Sous Chef role with the potential to grow into a Head Chef role.
- Heading up the kitchen and producing delicious food for the cafe
- Working with the events company in their events kitchen and going out on events in them
- Running the kitchen, including planning menus, costing, stock control etc.
- Looking after the temp Chefs when required
- Stepping up into the Head Chef role when the kitchen grows
- Don't mind working on your own or with a team
- Are happy to do your own washing up if required
- Love producing cafe style food
- Are an all-rounder and can also work at events as well
- Are looking for a good work/life balance
- Enjoy being busy and are well-organised
- Are versatile and flexible
Salary: £35,000 GPA
Responsible Consultant: Diana (email@example.com)