Our client is looking for a Sous Chef for their main restaurant, which has 3 AA Rosettes and is within their five star hotel. Our client expects you to exceed the expectations of your guests in food service, by creating unforgettable memories and to inspire and challenge your team to deliver them with passion. This hotel is set in a remote area of Scotland, so you must want, and be prepared, to live a rural life. With stunning views and gorgeous scenery, it's absolutely one of the best places to be! The hotel produce much of their own food and pride themselves on their level of service. They offer constant training programmes to all of their staff as they really believe in staff progression. This is seriously an incredible place to work!
- Co-ordinate and manage breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, room service and dinner service.
- Ensure that you maintain appropriate stock supplies and equipment for the kitchen.
- Ensure the implementation of self and Team Cook
- Co-ordinate the control of food to reduce wastage in line with agreed GP targets.
- Actively promote and utilise, herbs fruits and vegetables from the hotel kitchen garden.
- Induct and train all members of the team so that they are confident and competent.
- Performance manage each member of your team.
- Manage team rotas to ensure productivity and work-life balance.
- Manage the stock and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team and other departments.
- Attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary.
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer.
- Manage monthly quality audit checks.
- Monitor competitors and be aware of current trends
- Ensure a continuous level of self-development
- Monitor and record the kitchen team’s weekly hours to ensure a work/life balance
- Ensure the organisation and production of healthy, varied meals for the whole team daily
- Deputise for the Head Chef in his absence
- Love food and are passionate about quality
- Enjoy working with fresh produce and would love the ability to walk outside and pick your vegetables for that evening's service
- Want to learn and work under a fantastic Head Chef
- Will live the company's mission and values
- Will drive the team beneath you and encourage them to learn and develop
- Come from a Rosette or Michelin background
- Love living in a rural location
- Individually designed on-the-job development training programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with wi-fi and all bills paid for
- Meals on and off duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Adventure access – bikes, free activities.
- Gym membership
- Friends and Family Discounts
Hours: 50 hours over 5 days - mixed shifts
Accommodation provided - sharing a flat with the other Sous Chef. Contribution of £60 per week towards the accommodation but all meals on and off duty
Salary: £29,000 GPA plus pension and tips
Other benefits: see above
Start: March 2021
Responsible Consultant: Diana (email@example.com)