Our client is looking for a Sous Chef for their bistro restaurant within their five star hotel. Our client expects you to be a role model for them and to ensure that a five star food delivery is offered and delivered to all of the guests, ensuring that everyone feels special. This hotel is set in a remote area of Scotland, so you must want, and be prepared, to live a rural life. With stunning views and gorgeous scenery, it's absolutely one of the best places to be! The hotel produce much of their own food and pride themselves on their level of service. They offer constant training programmes to all of their staff as they really believe in staff progression. This is seriously an incredible place to work!
- Manage food production from the kitchen including - breakfast, lunch, and snacks, dinner service.
- Organise and manage nutritious, varied and healthy options for team meals daily.
- Manage appropriate stock supplies and equipment for the kitchen.
- Manage the Health & Safety for the kitchen.
- Ensure the implementation of self and Team Cook Safe.
- Manage the control of food to reduce wastage in line with agreed GP targets.
- Actively promote and utilise, herbs fruits and vegetables from the hotel kitchen garden.
- Induct and Train all members of the team so that they are confident and competent.
- Performance manage each member of your team.
- Manage team rotas, record hours to ensure productivity and work-life balance.
- Manage the stock and equipment to maintain adequate quality levels.
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team and other departments.
- Manage, attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary.
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer.
- Monitor competitors and be aware of current trends.
- Ensure a continuous level of self-development.
- Deputise for the Head Chef in his absence.
- Will ensure the team are working in a positive, productive, friendly, and fun environment.
- Are reliable and can be trusted to be consistently good in your performance and quality of work.
- Are pleasant, kind and easy to talk to.
- Have hopes and desires to achieve your goals.
- Have integrity so you can be trusted, straightforward and truthful.
- Use your intelligence to adapt quickly and be creative and resourceful when you need to.
- Are Interested in testing your ability, skills, and the way you think.
- Love food and have a passion for farm to fork food
- Come from a bistro/gastropub background and understand volume, but also the quality at the same time
- Individually designed on-the-job development training programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with wi-fi and all bills paid for
- Meals on and off duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Adventure access – bikes, free activities.
- Gym membership
- Friends and Family Discounts
Hours: 50 hours over 5 days - mixture of shifts
Accommodation: provided - a flat with the other Sous Chef. £60 per week contribution to this.
Salary: £29,000 + pension + tips
Responsible Consultant: Diana (email@example.com)