A formal household of a VVIP client is looking find a new Steward to join their busy permanent team on a full time basis. The Steward will be working in a team of up to eight others (on a rota system), with the House Manager/Head Housekeeper being their direct line manager. This role is a great opportunity for someone who's planning a career path in the Private Household sector.
The Steward's role is a busy one, and encompasses all sorts of areas which are listed below:
Front of House (this is the most important area required by the client):
- Waiting at events - silver service and plated service will be required
- Wine experience - knowledge of how to open, serve and store wine
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Setting up meetings, and ensuring the meeting rooms are ready
- Serving teas and coffees to visitors
- Previous experience would be useful
- Polishing silver, and other furniture within the house
- Working with the team to ensure that all areas within the house, particularly the public areas are immaculate
- Making beds
- Cleaning bathrooms and loos
- Dealing with arrivals of guest and deliveries
- Ensuring that security protocol is followed at all times
- Following fire procedures
- Training will be provided on this
- A car will be provided
- If the family need to be driven, then this duty will need to be undertaken
The house is a busy one and is used for both business and personal use. During the weeks, there are a number of VVIP guests and there will also be regular business meetings. At the weekends, the clients will entertain. These range from informal family barbeques or picnics, to more formal dinner parties and canapé parties. When the family is in residence, there will often be guests, and one member of staff will need to be in residence at all times. If it is just the family, they tend to be more casual and are happy with a more casual service.
This role would suit someone who is ex-military or ex-livery hall and has experience of working in formal environments. The right candidate will need to be flexible in terms of working hours, and also in terms of duties. A hard working attitude is essential, and someone who understands the basic running of a private household.
Please note that this role is for very high-profile client and all candidates need to get Security Clearance, 5 years reference check and DBS check.
Hours: on a rota system, with a set number of hours per month
Holidays: 20 days per annum, plus bank holidays pro-rata
Package: up to £24,000 gross per annum, dependent on experience. A very generous pension scheme is provided.
Other information: A security clearance is needed, but the client will pay for this.
Responsible consultant: Juan