One of our clients is looking to recruit a temporary matron to cover holiday and sick leave
- To assist with and contribute to the supervision and care of pupil members in the boarding house.
- Responsible for overseeing the domestic running of the house; these will include cleaning, laundry, maintenance, health and safety and medical arrangements for individual pupils.
- A Matron may be required to liaise with HsMs and/or tutors, as well as parents, about individual student pastoral issues.
- Be a listening ear to the pupils and will support them in their extra-curricular activities - attending games and theatre productions and concerts where required.
- Work closely with the Housemaster/Housemistress to ensure the safe running of the house.
- General maintenance and liaising with the maintenance team to make sure the house is in a good state.
- Complying with the school's safeguarding policy.
- Have worked as a Matron before, with either similar age or younger pupils OR
- Have experience of working in a school
- Would describe yourself as caring, diplomatic and extremely practical.
- Are a good listener.
- Have a good working knowledge of First Aid and experience in administering medication.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Child Protection Act and safeguarding practices.
- Have a valid DBS check and are happy to get another one done too.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: April 2021
Salary: £12.00-£14.00p/h depending on experience