As a Housekeeper, it is always of paramount importance that you are able to take care of cashmere items of clothing. Accidents can happen but if you stick to some of these steadfast rules, your cashmere will always be safe!
• Cashmere should always be hand washed
• Wash the item in a clean sink or even a large clean mixing bowl, making sure there is no food or cleaning product residue that could damage your cashmere.
• The water should no hotter than lukewarm.
• Use a small amount of gentle detergent and make sure it's fully dissolved in the water before you begin washing.
• Turn inside out. Do not rub, wring or twist the fabric while washing, instead just gently squeeze the water through the fibre.
• Make sure you use the same temperature water as you used to wash when rinsing
• Cashmere is very delicate so be gentle when drying and definitely do not tumble dry
• Do not wring or twist to remove excess water. Instead, lay the item out on a clean dry towel and gently roll up and lightly press.
• Then unroll and reshape by hand.
• Leave it to dry laid flat
• Whatever you do, do not hang it and keep it away from direct heat sources like radiators and sunlight. Make sure it dries naturally.
AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LABEL BEFORE WASHING!