An opportunity has become available for an experienced House Manager to oversee a beautiful fully staffed household in Virginia Water, Surrey.
The ideal candidate will have strong staff management skills and yet be happy to help with service and lead from the front where required. Attention to detail, proactivity and discretion is essential. Candidates with Superyacht experience are preferred.
This can be a live-in or a live-out role.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Making sure that the household is always immaculately presented and fully stocked and provisioned
- Line managing the interior staff, including training, rotas and performance management
- Liaising with the exterior staff to ensure that the outside areas are always immaculate for the principals use
- Booking and liaising with contractors
- carrying out minor repairs and maintenance where necessary and supervising the conduct of builders, contractors and maintenance
- Oganising formal and informal events and social occasions at the property and caring for the principals’ guests
- Assisting the butlers with formal and informal service where required
- Running errands, personal shopping and responding to ad hoc requests
- Financial management and budgeting for the household
- Managing the household accounts
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 8am-4pm Monday – Friday when the principals are not in residence. 45 hours a week worked over 5 days when the principals are in residence + overtime pay for any additional hours worked
Accommodation: Own bedroom and ensuite bathroom can be provided in separate staff accommodation if required.
Salary: £70k GPA