CLOSED TO FURTHER APPLICATIONS Live In Housekeeper / Holiday Let Manager Job - Nr Newport, Shropshire - start May / June - 2 bed cottage accommodation - £40,000 + gpa
Our client is looking for an experienced Housekeeper / Holiday Let Manager to take on this varied and autonomus role looking after a part-time residence and holiday lets in Shropshire. The Housekeeper will be looking after two exclusive holiday let properties on an estate as well as looking after the main residence which is used only on a part-time basis by the family who spend much of their time in London. You will need to keep the main house in good order, shutting it down when it is not in use and preparing it for occupation but your main focus will be on managing and cleaning of the two holiday let properties on the estate.
The client is looking for a highly efficient and motivated candidate who has an exceptional eye for detail and who can ensure that the holiday let guests have a luxurious and comfortable experience. The ideal candidate will have a "can-do" attitude and will be looking for a role that is independent and has a lot of autonomy as the estate owners are not in permanent residence.
The holiday let bookings are managed by an agent but the Housekeeper will be responsible for pre-visit communications, answering any questions, checking them in and also hands on cleaning on change over days.
Duties will include:
- Manage and maintain two holiday let cottages and a private family residence to ensure they meet the highest standards of cleanliness, comfort and aesthetic appeal
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and address any maintenance or repair needs promptly
- Clean and look after the antique art and furniture collection in the private residence
- Coordinate with the estate maintenance team and external contractors
- Manage the stock of cleaning supplies and holiday cottage items
- Manage the utilities of the two holiday cottages and private residence
- Manage all properties to budgets and manage all incoming invoices and bills - training provided
- Oversee the check-in and check-out process on the holiday cottages
- Address guest enquiries, requests and concerns promptly and professionally
- Collaborate with the booking company to ensure accurate booking information and to personalise guest experiences
Driver essential with own car / excellent references and Enhanced DBS check required
Full-time 40 hours per week normally Monday to Friday with flexibility needed on some weekends
Self-contained two bedroomed property with own outdoor space provided - partners, pets and dependents considered - all bills covered by the employer