Live In Butler Job - Market Harborough Leicestershire - start asap - separate accommodation - £45,000 to £55,000 DOE
A returning client of Greycoat Lumleys is looking to recruit an experienced Butler to work as part of a small team looking after a family and their property near Market Harborough. The candidate will work with the Housekeeping team mainly at the property in Leicestershire although you may also be required to other properties owned by the principal. The principal spends most of their time in Leicestershire as well as hosting family members, business partners, colleagues and friends on a regular basis. The house must be in a state of readiness and the Butler would be expected to work with the team to ensure high standards at all time. The Butlers main task will be to make the house feel like a home. The Butler would be the "front of house" liaising between the principal and the house team.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Taking care of the family and ensuring their comfort whilst they are at home (normally Thursday to Sunday)
- Serving meals informally and formally
- Driving and general chauffeuring duties to include collecting the principal, family and friends from the train station (can be late in evenings). Taking the principal to meetings / anywhere as and when required.
- Providing basic office assistance for the principal – printing and scanning any documents, posting letters, welcoming guests for meetings and providing drinks
- Responsible for the family’s clothes – organising wardrobes to ensure nothing is lost, arranging for garments to be mended or sent out when needed, packing for holidays
- Helping the housekeeping team with the day-to-day cleaning as required
- Preparing for and taking care of guests
- Ensuring bedrooms are prepared and ready
- Welcoming guests and escorting them to their rooms, ensuring their comfort on arrival
- Serving meals and pre dinner drinks – making sure a welcoming environment is provided for guests at all times
- Helping chefs at bigger dinner parties with clear up and ensuring the kitchen is left immaculate.
- Getting guests bags
- Opening the house in the morning, setting fires for the afternoon, checking the house before leaving at night
- Wine cellar management
- Occasional travel to London/Yorkshire for dinner parties/shoots
- Occasional travel abroad
- Liaising with the London office to organise any maintenance required.
- Liaising with the London office for events at the house - guest lists, rooming plans etc.
- To be an Alarm Responder and Key Holder
The principals plans can change at short notice so you must be flexible and be able to respond quickly to requests so that the principals needs are met efficiently
You need to be an active member of the team and be happy to work evenings and weekends
Separate accommodation will be offered on the estate. Rent free and council tax and water rates paid by the employer
£45,000 to £55,000 DOE
40 hours per week over 5 days including some evenings and weekends