Resident Graduate Assistant Job
I am working with a school that is celebrated throughout the world as a centre of musical excellence, they consider themselves to be the most vibrant, exciting, and exhilarating place to work or study. They are a close-knit community dedicated to nurturing some of the world’s most talented young musicians and they recognize the unique privilege it is to work with these incredibly gifted students. They are recruiting for a resident graduate assistant to join them on a fixed term 2 year contract starting ASAP.
They welcome applicants from any background (especially music and performance related disciplines) and will facilitate opportunities to gain experience working in a relevant curriculum area, if this is desired. For example, recent music RGAs have joined ensembles and choirs, assisted music teachers and have even led major performances and projects in their spare time; sports graduates have led a full and varied range of recreational sports activities.
- To supervise, support and care for members of a designated boarding house and provide pastoral care to all students of the School as required.
- To organise, supervise and promote a range of social and recreational activities in the evenings and at weekends.
- To always follow Health Safety guidelines and to undertake Risk Assessments as required.
- To assist Houseparents with the day-to-day care of boarders.
- To support the smooth-running of the house by contributing to the duty rota. Up to three nights overnight “on call” will be required per week.
- To be in residence for 48 hours prior to and after the end of each term to assist with the preparation and closing of the boarding house.
- To participate in School Inset meetings.
- To contribute to the School’s extra-curricular and/or boarding provision.
- To assist occasionally at whole school events.
- A degree in any discipline
- Experience of leading activities for young people
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the concepts and skills essential for student success
- Knowledge of (or a good instinct for) the pastoral support of young people
- Some experience of working in a residential setting (boarding school, summer school, residential trip)
Start date: ASAP or September 2024
Salary: £14,500 per annum.
Accommodation: Single accommodation is provided in a boarding house every day of the contract period. Accommodation (which may be shared) is provided free of rent, council tax and all utilities. Meals are available and are free of charge in the School dining room during term time.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly Bothomley (Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk)
Vacancy Number: 114861