Residential Graduate Sports Assistant Job
I am working with an independent co-educational boarding school based in a beautiful Georgian town in North Norfolk. The school occupies a large campus across three sites: Nursery and Pre-Preparatory, Preparatory and Senior Schools, with approximately 800+ pupils ranging from 2 years to 18 years. They currently employ almost 400 staff in positions such as teaching and pastoral care, finance, information technology, administration, site services and maintenance, and catering.
As a school they take great pride in their reputation and recognise that this is built on the commitment and skills of their staff. The success of the school and the well-being of staff and its pupils depends very largely on co-operation, trust and respect between employees.
They are recruiting for a graduate sports assistant to join them from January 2024, this role of Resident Graduate Sports Assistant would suit a keen sports person with good technical knowledge and understanding across several sports disciplines. This ideal candidate would be a recent graduate seeking to gain some valuable teaching and coaching experience within a school setting.
• Support the Games programme at the Prep School by coaching one of the major sports for each term and leading a team for fixtures. A requirement to be available for weekend fixtures
• Assist with coaching, directing, supervising and participating in sport activities and sessions
• Support the Head of Boys’ Games and Directors of Sport (Cricket, Rugby, Hockey, Netball, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Athletics) in helping deliver additional 1-1 and small group coaching sessions all year round
• Support the pre-season and off-season training programmes
• Develop and support the implementation of video technology software in the Prep School sport programme.
• Support the PE Department in whatever capacity required
• Support the Boarding House with any duties required, including evening activities, wake up and bedtime routines and some weekend trips/activities
• Any other duties as may be required
Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
Relevant experience/qualifications in playing/coaching/officiating rugby, hockey, cricket, netball, swimming, tennis, athletics
Excellent personal presentation.
Be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to make a difference to children in the school
Work well with others and be a supportive and flexible team player
Have a positive and cheerful attitude to life
*A full job description can be sent over upon request*
Hours: 48 hours per term-time week
Fixed term contract 1st January 2024 – 31st August 2024
Full Academic Year - 33 working weeks + INSET with timetabled lessons from Monday – Saturday
Salary: £20,500 with accommodation (for a full academic year, salary to be pro rated from start date)
• School’s Contributory Pension Scheme (after completion of three months’ service)
• Private Medical Scheme
• Free school lunch during term-time
• Car parking on site
• Life Assurance
Responsible Consultant: Kelly Bothomley (Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk)