School Nurse Job
Term Time Only Role (plus 2 weeks).
The school Nurse is an integral part of this school’s community. The main purpose of the role is to provide first-line medical assistance to pupils and staff, and to be responsible for the assessment and treatment of minor illness and injuries. The postholder will deliver care within the boundaries of the role, focusing on student well-being and health education. Our team of two School Nurses work closely with the Welfare Officer and School Counsellors to maximise effective support for students. Boarding Pupils.
- Provide pupils with emergency nursing care during the hours of 08.15 – 17.00 for Boarding/Day Students and Staff
- Treat pupils for minor illnesses and injuries
- Give health care advice on an individual basis to both pupils and parents (including pupils with asthma, diabetes, food intolerance, head lice, eczema, eating disorders and pupils with serious allergies who have been prescribed Epipens)
- Liaise with parents when pupils are unwell if indicated, or have more serious injuries
- Do an initial medical screen of each boarding pupil
- Ensure that pupils have up to date vaccinations and arrange these as necessary
- Teach the boarding staff to administer medication correctly to boarding pupils in the evening and at weekends, to comply with Ofsted guidelines
- Maintain a nursing record of each pupil to include all treatment given (to include any vaccinations, medical, dental, or other health appointments)
- Do annual medical health check of each boarding pupil
- Arrange any medical, dental, or other health appointments as necessary
- Maintain and regularly update all medical records including the medical information for each pupil on iSAMS
- Maintain safe storage, usage and disposal of medical drugs and supplies
- Maintain all the first aid kits on the school campus, excluding those in the sports centre.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time after consultation with the post holder.
- Are a RGN or hold a current NMC registration.
- Are committed to CPD.
- Hold 2 years nursing experience.
- Hold a first aid at work certificate (or are willing to get one)
- Are self-motivated with a professional manner and attitude.
- Are tactful and patient.
- Have well developed listening skills, demonstrating an understanding of others needs and perspectives.
*A full job description can be sent over upon request*
Hours: 08:00am until 17:15pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 GPA
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)