School Nurse Job
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A TERM TIME ONLY POSITION, 40 HOURS PER WEEK. A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN SCHOOLS AND RECEIVE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
I am working with a school that delivers a rounded education for all pupils whatever their individual strengths and talents. They are looking to recruit a School Nurse to join their small and friendly medical team. You will work and provide a high standard of care for our pupils across the Foundation Schools'
- The physical and mental health of all pupils of the Foundation, including health checks for all new boarders
- Work alongside boarding staff to provide an excellent standard of care
- Maintaining clear detailed records of all care.
- Work collaboratively with the School GP, outside agencies, school staff and parents to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
- In conjunction provide support and training for staff in relation to medical issues
- Treat and deal with accidents and emergencies within the school
- Contribute to the School Development Plan and Budget by assisting in identifying key priorities for development
- In conjunction with the Foundation Nurse Manager ensure compliance of all school administrative processes and procedures for ISI inspections
- Attend, participate in meetings as required
- Safeguarding, Health, safety and security procedures
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Foundation Nurse Manager as commensurate with the post
- Will be registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Have evidence of being an excellent practitioner
- Will work professionally to the NMC code
- Will be able demonstrate knowledge of latest specifications and regulations applicable to School Nurses
- Can analyse situations and problems and suggest strategies for improvement
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong organisational, planning skills with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Be articulate and presentable.
- Be creative problem-solver with the ability to think ahead.
*A full job description can be sent over upon request*
Hours: 40 hours per week, alternate Saturdays (including overnights and on call) – TERM TIME ONLY
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)