Here is the 2nd recipe!
On the eleventh day of Christmas Diana Cheal gave to us:
Duck with mango and ginger sauce
This is a firm favourite in our family house, and is always the main course for Christmas Eve supper. It is very easy to make, and is always served with game chips and seasonal vegetables.
Allow one duck breast per person.
For the mango sauce:
1-2 mangos, depending on how much you need
Mango chutney (adds a different flavour)
Pinch of ground ginger, depending on taste
- With a very sharp knife, score the duck breast skin. This ensures that when cooking, the breast doesn’t shrink. You don’t need to add any oil to the pan, just put the breast into a very hot frying pan skin side down. Brown it all over.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 200oC.
- Cook the duck breast in the oven for about 10 minutes. This is again down to preference – I tend to enjoy duck rare, so it will be tender to touch.
- For the mango sauce, chop the mango up and add to a pan with some mango chutney. The mango chutney can be any jarred flavour, whichever you have in the cupboard. Once it’s warmed, then add ginger to taste. If you don’t like ginger, then don’t add it.
- It’s the easiest thing ever!!! Roasted fig and walnut salad with goat’s cheese as a healthy option