About the Consultant…
Name: Dominique Smith
Job Title: Live in Housekeeper Consultant (in London)
What did you do before joining Greycoat Lumleys?
I worked as a Housekeeper for a private client of Greycoat Lumleys in London. Prior to this I worked on Super yachts as a Stewardess in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.
How long have you been working at Greycoat Lumleys?
Just over 2 years
What do you like best about your job?
My colleagues, my team, the fast-paced work environment and job fulfillment in helping candidates find their ideal jobs and clients find their ideal Housekeepers.
Which four individuals, living or not, would you like to have a MyChef dinner party with?
Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Liam Neeson & The Queen.
Are you a neat-freak yourself and what is your ultimate housekeeping/cleaning tip?
I am not a neat-freak at all but I like my home to be clean. I enjoy cleaning, but prefer cleaning other people’s mess rather than my own! My top cleaning tip is that if a branded cleaning product you have bought from a store or online does not work, always look up homemade household cleaning recipes – as these always work really well, sometimes better!
About the Candidate…
What are the most important things you look for when receiving a Candidates CV?
Experience – length, location, longevity & relevancy. However, I do not always meet candidates with CV’s as some may have been in one long-term role for many years, which my clients love!
When you first meet a Candidate; what is expected from the candidate to impress you?
• Attitude - Friendly, personable, polite, engaging
• Communication & teamwork – for them to be happy to work with me – I need the candidates' input too, for example, regular checks of our website, feedback from interviews and so on.
• Well presented
What key pieces of advice do you give to your candidates when they are going to an interview?
• Most importantly to BE YOURSELF!
• To plan their journey and arrive on time
• To talk about all of their skills and experience
• To listen to the questions being asked
• To engage with any staff, children, members of the family or pets that you might walk past or be introduced to at your interview
• To not discuss salary or holidays unless asked directly by the client
• To dress smartly
If a candidate is yet to secure their first Live in Housekeeping role through us, what advice would you give them in order to boost their CV or get their foot in the door?
• We offer temporary positions that can often go permanent so is always a great option to get your foot in the door with some clients. They may love you and create a permanent role for you. Also, many temporary clients are also seeking permanent Housekeepers at the same time, so could keep you on.
• From these temporary roles with our clients, we can also gain positive feedback and verbal references for you to add to your profile, which will enable us to promote you further.
• Some clients will also recommend you to their friends and may call up requesting you through word of mouth for a temporary booking or permanent role. Could lead to new opportunity’s.
• Always let us know if there is a role you have seen on our website that sounds great but might have one or two parts you are not quite sure about. This is because many clients for the right candidate will be happy to amend their role slightly to suit you, and so it could lead to a new permanent opportunity for you.