Amazing Couple Job - French riviera -Live in – Suitable for Ski or Yacht Couples
A returning Client of Greycoat Lumleys has approached us to find them a suitable domestic couple to work for them on a permanent French contract. The high profile family is looking for an energetic couple with a positive “can do” attitude to join the team and closely assist the house manager in overseeing two private villas in Mougins. Good level of accommodation is also provided on site with a view towards Cannes and the sea. Of the two properties that need oversight, one has five bedrooms and the second has eight bedrooms. The eight bedroom property is used perhaps for two months of the year in total.
The main principals have five adult children some of whom have their own children also so when they are all in residence it gets particularly busy with perhaps twenty people in residence. The family employs a core team in France as well as temporary seasonal staff to cover the busiest summer periods. There is a good organisational structure in place amongst the teams and there are of course times when the property is only used by the main Principal couple. The family like to spend Christmas and Easter in France as a large group but this is not always locked in and they could be at one of their other homes, in Holland, Italy or the UK. The property should always be maintained to a guest ready standard as the family travel very frequently.
Providing highest standards of hospitality service and ensuring the day to day running of the properties is the top priority of the successful couple. Hospitality standards and experience with service to table should both be top notch. Waiter skills or experience in 5* hotels would be seriously advantageous to the successful couple. candidates should be tech savvy and be able assume control of all technology, maintenance throughout the property and report this back to the house manager & Estate Director.
- Provide highest levels of food and beverage service to principals and guests.
- Work together with the House manager to ensure cleanliness standards of the house.
- Responsible for the care and organization of the principles clothing. Packing and unpacking for trips.
- Driving the principals and guests as required. Valeting of the cars and actioning vehicle maintenance for 11 vehicles, under the supervision of the house manager.
- Cook basic meals for the principals – all household staff are trained in the basic needs of the main two principals.
- Daily purchasing and running errands.
- Care of family dogs (2x cockapoos) who are important to the family and other animals on site, including donkeys.
- Maintaining the grounds, pool and electrical/ tech items on the property. This is to include daily checks, switch boards, alarm checks, bins.
- Pest control
- Ensuring the security of the property.
Core team in France: Live out House Manager
- House Manager – Live out.
- Couple who lives on site – service and maintenance responsibles
- Full time Houskeeper – live out.
- Part time chef – also live out & on call.
- Gardner’s are live out & come when needed.
- Estate Manager – Live out – overseas the gardeners and House Manager
Seasonal staff to compliment the above when the property is busy
The family have owned this property for over 15 years
Working Hours: Flexible working hours required in line with the principals schedules, some weeks, especially in the height of season and peak week will be busier, but this time will be given back.
Consultant: Archie McClintock
Skills Required: Hospitality (e.g Yachts, High End Chalets, Private Houses, High End Hotels/Restaurants)
Salary: Between €5,000 & €6,000 NPM with no costs to the candidates
Type of Position: Full time, permanent live in position.
Accommodation: On site separate 1 bedroom apartment with a double bed, terrace with view to bay of Cannes, living room and a small office.
Applicants who apply should both have European Passports be fluent in English with conversational French & Both candidates should have European Driving Licences and be confident drivers. In addition candidates should be Dog & animal Friendly be excellent communicators and Computer literate (Emails, Internet, Whats App).