I am working with a school who want their students to be happy to take on responsibility, to become well-supported and independent learners who are happy to represent their school and happy to take up the many opportunities available to them.
They are recruiting for a houseparent to join their team from January 2024.
- Follow the College’s Safeguarding policy and procedures and to ensure the wellbeing of all students in your care.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the school and follow its policies and procedures.
- Take an active role in ensuring the realisation of the College Development Plan.
- Treat each student as an individual with courtesy and respect.
- Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by the Principal. Be of graduate age or above.
- To be responsible to the Housemaster and Vice Principal Pastoral for the smooth running of the house, and keep them fully informed on all significant matters
- To act as a link between parents/ guardians, pupils and teaching staff (to include the College Nurse etc), and to be the parents’ initial point of contact
- To monitor the performance of house staff, to appraise their performance regularly and to complete professional development and management reviews with house staff
- Must hold a full clean driving licence
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development
- Must hold an appreciation of the many complexities inherent in pastoral care and the openness and wisdom to respond to a range of issues
- Have Strong pastoral instincts
- Have an understanding of how to link academic and pastoral oversight of pupils in a boarding context
- Have clear vision for what constitutes excellent pastoral care in a boarding community
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and inspire staff and students.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
*A full job description can be sent upon request*
Salary: £30,000 GPA
Accommodation: Provided within the school
Start: January 2024
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)