Live in Couple Job in Surrey
An opportunity has become available to work as part of a large team for a family based in Surrey. The principals have 2 children, a dog and a cat. They own two properties very close to each other. The family reside in a 5 bedroom house and they also own a separate 9 bedroom property with a swimming pool and tennis court, that is used for guests and visiting relatives. The family frequently travel for extended periods during the school holiday period.
While this is a standalone role, they successful applicant will work as part of a wider team of approximately 20 staff in total who include Housekeepers, Chefs, Gardeners, Nannies, Drivers, PAs etc.
The ideal Couple will be flexible, have demonstrable team working skills (trustworthy - agreed, but hard to objectively demonstrate in an application?), hardworking and good communicators. You must speak excellent English and ideally have a driving licence.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The upkeep and maintenance of the guest property
- Working as part of the wider team, to assist, as required, the primary family residence (on average, 1 day a week)
- Laundry and ironing
- Shopping and running errands
- Occasional cooking for the family or guests
- Welcoming guests and visitors
- Maintenance duties
- Garden maintenance alongside the team of gardeners
- Driving duties
- Vehicle maintenance
- Basic repairs and DIY
- House and pet sitting/walking as required
- Travelling to France in the summer with the family (bonus, not essential)
Start: Flexible for the right Couple
Working hours: 5 days a week Monday to Sunday, to include some weekends. Working hours will be between approximately 40-45 hours a week.
Accommodation: 2-bedroom apartment within the guest house, with a separate entrance. Regrettably, no pets.
Driving: At least one
Salary: £80,000 gross per annum, negotiable depending on experience
Responsible consultant: Georgia Lester
Vacancy Number: 113647