When looking to hire staff to help run a household, there are often varying circumstances and needs. A wide range of duties will often require a combination of staff, such as housekeeper, butler, gardener, cook or nanny to ensure the household runs smoothly and efficiently.
However, rather than employing and managing multiple staff, who may not so work well as a team, many people are discovering the ideal solution is to hire a professionally trained Domestic Couple to take on an all-round role. We always receive a steady stream of jobs for Domestic Couples, as our clients recognise the many benefits of hiring them.
So if you are considering hiring a Domestic Couple, or applying for this type of position, please read on:
So, what are Domestic Couples?
Traditionally Domestic Couples are a husband and wife team who are professionally trained to provide their services within a private family home. Although many applicants are still married and live-in couples, today we are seeing many new ‘couples’ including brothers and sisters, civil partners and even friends who combine their skills to become the ultimate household taskforce.
Although each will have responsibility for various individual tasks, a Domestic Couple will work closely together, helping and supporting each other to ensure the daily tasks get completed in the best way possible.
The advantages of a Domestic Couple
A domestic couple can take care of children, gardening, DIY, housekeeping, PA duties and general running and upkeep of the house and offer numerous benefits, including:
- A domestic couple is cheaper than hiring three or four members of staff. A domestic couple will also share accommodation and salary.
- They offer the advantage of being close enough to work well as a team, as the bond between them is usually strong, and they will support one another when faced with problems and challenges.
- They will work together as a ready-made partnership, with consistent communication, assisting each other and sharing responsibilities to ensure the job is done in the best possible way.
- Working with their partner also enables them to be more flexible about working during weekends and evenings.
- Resident domestic couples are a real benefit when the householders are away. They are able to take care of the gardening, pets and home security and can offer a very warm welcome when you return.
- The role of a Domestic Couple is always varied and candidates will be happy to discuss your family priorities during the selection process to ensure they best manage your household duties.
Hiring a domestic couple has great appeal for both clients and candidates alike, and they certainly help to make the day to day running of a household far easier and a lot more efficient. If you would like to further explore hiring a Domestic Couple, or if you’d like discuss opportunities for working as a Domestic Couple, please do get in touch.